1. Caroline bays中的depressions形状不对称，一边的沙子比另一边的沙子高。
2. 在Caroline bays周边反向的沙子和美国东部其他地方的沙子不一样，它的铁含量很低。
3. 在Caroline bays旁边发现了buckyball,这些是撞击的高温产生的carbon的独特形式。
1. Caroline bays原本是在水下的，deep water current 的流动也可能会使得depressions两边的沙子高低不一样。
1. fishing，fish will be trapped by it.
2.astronomical purposes，identifying sun and other astronomical events or objects.
3.burial places for ritual or dead people，e.g.Stonehenge.
1.for fishing must be located near the sea，but the stone is on land
2.the direction is random and positioned every direction，there seems no connection
3. for dead people we must find some weapons，tools or bones，but researchers tried very hard and find nothing of them.
1. 生长周期长，有抵御力，live long, hardy。
3. 可以用育种技术，breeding techniques把苦味去除。
The cave painting of Lascaux (near southwesternFrance) dating back to 15,000 B.C.E, is among the finest examples of prehistoric art. Ever since it was discovered, scholars were puzzled over its purpose. According to a widely discussed interpretation, the cave painting was made to ensure the success of hunting. Several considerations are made to support this view.
1. First of all, there are animal subject matters in the cave painting. The animal figures are almost exclusively large mammals. These animals are bison, wild horses and extinct animals which are hunted by paleolithic hunters. Some animals are wounded by arrows and spears. The figures even include seasonal migration of these animals.
2. Second, the figures of human in the cave painting include that people that appeared to have animal heads. These people could be hunters. In some traditional cultures, hunters usually disguise themselves with animal heads when they are hunting to avoid themselves from being discovered by animals they are hunting.
3.Third, the description of events on cave painting is believed to happen in reality. In many cultures, from Paleolithic age to ancient, to modern times, figures in the cave painting are not merely for decoration, they are believed to have magic power and usually have cultural meanings. So the paleolithic people who create the cave painting ofLascauxmight hope that they would hunt successfully by painting figures of successful hunting on the cave.
2.The real meaning of the human figures in the cave painting is still unknown. We can see that in these paintings, human figures are not standing up, they seem to be horizontal, and some of them are at the back of the animals, just like they are sleeping. So no one knows the true meaning of the human figures.
3.In some cultures, people paint animal figures on the cave because they believe that by doing so, they can get the spirit of animals in the painting, and they also believe that they can communicate with these animals through special ceremonies. So they paint animals not for successful hunting, but for the magic power which can help them communicate.